Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Waiver of Rights

While this was done by Harlow Cuadra and Joseph Kerekes back on August 12, 2008, I completely forgot about posting a copy... so here's Harlow's Waiver of Rights (you can click on the image above to see the actual document)... Joe's looks the same:

Now, this 12th day of August, 2008. I Harlow R. Cuadra, the Defendant in the above-captioned matter, hereby acknowledge that I have been advised that I have a right to trial with a jury or with a Judge-alone, and that the Commonwealth (the District Attorney) is required under the law to begin my trial within 365 days from May 15, 2007, the date on which the criminal complaint was filed against me.

I have also been advised and understand that if the Commonwealth does not begin my trial by January 1, 2009, that I or my attorney may apply to the Court for an Order dismissing the charges against me with prejudice. (This was the extended Rule 600 date - 01/01/09)

Having been fully advised of my rights and after consultation with my attorney, I hereby voluntarily agree to waive my right to a speedy trial for a period of 138 days and agree and consent to my trial being scheduled at a later date. Said date and time to be no later than May 19, 2009, or I or my attorney may apply to the Court for an Order dismissing the charges against me, with prejudice.