Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Harlow's Not Giving Up...

To give a little background of what I'm talking about, I'm re-posting a story that I did on July 15, 2008:

"Last Wednesday, Harlow Cuadra’s remaining attorneys, Stephen Menn and Michael Senape, filed a motion to suspend all pre-trial proceedings in Luzerne County Court until the state Superior Court determines whether it will accept a petition requesting a review of Olzsewski’s March 19 order barring Cuadra from retaining defense attorney Demetrius Fannick.

While we already know that PPO
denied their motion to suspend, the State Superior Court has just ruled that they have denied Harlow's petition for review. So this little issue is now over, at least until after the trial."
----

Update 11/11/08: Well maybe not... I just noticed today that Harlow Cuadra has appealed the Fannick decision all the way to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (it was actually filed on 08/14/2008), here's a copy of the docket:



While no decision has been made yet, I can't help but think they'll likely follow the previous rulings of PPO and the Superior Court, but I guess you can't blame Harlow for trying.