Sunday, August 3, 2008

Homicide Investigation Action Report: Black's Beach Intercept

Consensual wire (#2) with confidential informant Grant A. ROY on April 28, 2007, San Diego, (La Jolla), California Locations: Marriott Hotel (La Jolla), Torrey Pines State Park, Blacks Beach and back to Marriott Hotel (La Jolla).

SYNOPSIS: On April 28, 2007, Luzerne County District Attorney’s Office Detective Lieutenant Daniel YURSHA, Pennsylvania State Police Corporal Leo HANNON, Sans Diego City Police Department Sergeant Robert DONALDSON, Drug Enforcement Agent Andrew PAPPAS and Naval Criminal Investigator Special Agent Kim Kelly met with, Grant A. ROY, who is being used as a confidential informant to obtain Information (via a second wiretap) from two (2) homicide suspects Harlow CUADRA and Joseph KEREKES of Virginia Beach, Virginia.

DETAILS: On April 28, 2007 at 1:26 P.M.; The above Law Enforcement Personnel met and prepped ROY in a remote area behind the Von’s Super Market located on the corner of Governor and Genesee Drives, La Jolla. Accompanying ROY was his partner Sean LOCKHART (both Roy and LOCKHART participated in a successful wiretap one day earlier April 27, 2007 with the same Law Enforcement Agencies).

On April 28, 2007 at 1:50 P.M.; ROY was given a tape recording key fob (key remote for a vehicle) from Special Agent PAPPAS, the key fob was being used because Roy would be executing the wiretap at a nude beach (Black’s Beach) and therefore couldn’t be body wired. The key fob was activated at this time, and both ROY and LOCKHART drove ROY’S black Ford Expedition, Texas registration number XXXXXX to the La Jolla Marriott Hotel to pick up CUADRA and KEREKES. ROY, who was carrying the recording key fob device, was under constant surveillance.

On April 28, 2007 at 2:03 P.M.; ROY and LOCKHART picked up CUADRA and KEREKES at the La Jolla Marriott Hotel and proceeded to the Torrey Pines State Park.

On April 28, 2007 at 2:15 P.M.; ROY, LOCKHART, CUADRA, and KEREKES arrived at the Torrey Pines State Park, and headed down the steep and lengthy cliff to Black’s Beach, which is a nude beach.

On April 28, 2007 at 2:31 P.M.; ROY, LOCKHART, CUADRA, and KEREKES laid in a remote area on the beach, directly below the Torrey Pines Golf Course.

On April 28, 2007 at 2:36 P.M.; Det, Lt. YURSHA performed a direct, nearby surveillance on the nude beach of informant ROY accompanied by LOCKHART, CUADRA and KEREKES. At 3:39 P.M.; Det. Lt. YURSHA was accompanied by Corporal HANNON and Special Agent KELLY who remained on the beach until the departure of ROY, LOCKHART, CUADRA and KEREKES.

On April 28, 2007 at 5:03 P.M.; ROY, LOCKHART, CUADRA and KEREKES left the Black’s Beach and got into ROY’S black Ford Expedition and left Torrey Pines State Park.

On April 28, 2007 at 5:14 P.M.; ROY, LOCKHART, CUADRA, and KEREKES arrived at the La Jolla Mariott Hotel where they chit-chatted for approximately five (5) minutes before ROY and LOCKHART left.

On April 28, 2007 at 5:29 P.M.; ROY and LOCKHART returned to the rear of Von’s Super Market and met with Law Enforcement Personnel. At 8:25 P.M.; ROY met with investigators at the San Diego City Police Department.