Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Interview Inconsistencies...

In a section of the interview Harlow Cuadra did with John Roecker, which I titled "The Arrest", Harlow makes the following statements:

"Harlow: Ah Joe goes up to me, and he goes like, Harlow, you know I'm hungry, and I'm like so, umm big freakin deal, and he's like, I don't wanna go eat alone, and I'm in the middle of listening to this [inaudible], and I press pause on it, and uh, so I'm like alright, I just put on a shirt or something and we go down stairs and you know, when we, when we were on the highway, we noticed that there were like six cop cars behind us, but no lights, no sirens, or anything, ya know, I didn't think anything of it... and umm, once we got off on the exit, more and more of them were behind us and behind us, and I was like hey Joe, I think their doing some type of exercise, because ah, right across from my house there's a police academy... so I'm like, oh, ah, that's cool, there doing some type of exercise. So we pull in, and, ah, the ladies that work at the Boston Market, you know, like, their used to me, and they're like waiving from ah, outside the window, and I'm like waiving back, and then all of a sudden I noticed that they stopped waiving, so I looked behind me, and you know, all the cops are out of their cars".

Well... not surprisingly, there's a few holes in this story:

1. "right across from my house there's a police academy".



That's incorrect. The Virginia Beach Police Academy is located at 2509 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456. This location is well over 7 miles from Harlow and Joe's house.

2. "So we pull in, and, ah, the ladies that work at the Boston Market, you know, like, their used to me, and they're like waiving from ah, outside the window, and I'm like waiving back".



This statement is also interesting. Harlow and Joe were arrested at about 10:00 AM on May 15, 2007. Harlow states that he and Joe are going there to eat. The Boston Market in question is located at 3981 Virginia Beach Blvd, so that wouldn't seem so surprising, but what is surprising is that the restaurant doesn't even open until 11:00 AM (I called and spoke with the Manager).

There's even more inconsistencies with this 'interview', but I'll save them for another post.