Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Quick Hearing Update

Thus far the hearing has comprised of PPO going over Joseph Kerekes and Harlow Cuadra's Omnibus pre-trial motions. No witnesses have taken the stand as of yet, though I expect that to start after the lunch break that ends at 1:00 or 1:15. I'll have a complete run-down of the hearing around 4:30 or so. The hearing is scheduled to end at 4:00 PM, and then resume tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. Interesting thing, I've been sitting behind Joe's dad Fred Kerkees all morning, he seems like a nice man.

Update @2:16 PM, today's hearing ended abruptly when one or more attorney's for Kerekes and possibly Cuadra cited a conflict of interest, as they had once represented witness Robert Rodden. I'll have more shortly when I can sort everything out. All attorneys are to meet with PPO in the morning, and tomorrow's hearing is to begin at 8:30 AM. Also, some witnesses will not be testifying during the hearing (not sure why just yet, and will have that information shortly as well).

In other interesting news, a source tells me that he saw witness Grant Roy yesterday, and that he had a black eye and his hand or wrist was bandaged up/or in a cast (sorry didn't have my paper and pen with me when they told me this outside the courtroom. Since I have not seen Sean, I can't confirm the story just yet.

Obviously I'll have a lot more shortly.